Saturday, February 5, 2011

CSS Optimizer - clean your codes

As a newbie web designer I am trying to find tools that will help me improve my design and and improve the usability of the website. Weeks and weeks of research I learned some few tricks to help optimize my my code and improve my design.

One part of this is CSS optimization. Why do you need to optimize your CSS code after you write it? Simple if you compress your codes like your CSS for example, the loading will be faster because of smaller file size thus saving bandwidth. This is not noticeable for low traffice site but for heavy traffic site every byte of bandwidth is crucial.

This are the some of the CSS optimizer I use:

CSSTidy is an opensource CSS parser and optimiser. It is available as executeable file (available for Windows, Linux and OSX) which can be controlled per command line and as PHP script (both with almost the same functionality).

Code Beautifier - is an online CSS optimizer, just paste your CSS code and it will optimize the code for you.

FormatCSS - another CSS optimizer and cleaner.

No comments: