Sunday, March 27, 2011
How to Stop Facebook Chat spam - receiving chat with malicious links
The account can be hijacked by Phishers and if you accept application that is malicious. Some uses the "like pages", once you like certain quotes for example, inside of that, is a link directing to phishing site once clicked it will automatically gather your information especially if you have not secured your facebook account. Another is installing unknown apps, this apps also gather your account details and most of the recent hijacked account was through this method.
So how to stop Facebook chat spam?
1. If you see a link post that says "click this", "check this out", pornographic in nature post, chances are that this post are malicious. So do not click.
2. If you receive a chat with unknown links from a friend that says "click this", "check this out", pornographic in nature post, chances are that this post are malicious. So do not click.
3. If your account has been compromised, check your application list here and delete the unknown application.
4. Change your password after deleting the applications and change your password regularly.
5. Use your common sense - don't just click and click...
If you find this article to be useful, kindly share this post using the share button.